Doors And Windows – A Few Things to Keep in Mind
There are many things to look for when making decisions on your new doors, windows, & hardware and we will cover several of them a bit later in this post. Right now I’d like to mention the most important thing to keep in mind… Whatever you do, make sure you purchase all your doors, windows and hardware from a reputable dealer that has been in business for a long period of time so you know they will be here should you need them.
Keep These Eight Things in Mind when Choosing Your Doors and Windows
- Wider interior doors for easier accessibility.
- Composite such as fiberglass, which can carry up to a lifetime warranty and require no maintenance.
- Lever locks for ease of operation. Chose a style that is functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- For ease of operation chose ball bearing hinges on doors most likely being used for ingress/egress.
- Chose windows from a reputable manufacture who will provide a lengthy guarantee.
- Look for a product that does not require any exterior and very little, if any, interior maintenance.
- Casements & slider style of windows are generally easier to operate than double hung.
- When selecting a window brand, check the ease of operation by physically operating a window prior to ordering.
That’s it. Short and sweet.
Dave Ickhert – Viking Doors